Thank you for being part of the ACUHO-I online community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to those that are best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your colleagues, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to the Community Manager via the Contact Us link on the site. Technical questions on association management issues should be directed to the ACUHO-I home office.
In addition, “Your participation in the ACUHO-I community is subject to the same privacy policies outlined for the ACUHO-I website.
The Rules in Simple Language
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- Do be open and willing to engage in community discussions. Ask questions and also be generous in answering the questions of others.
- Do consider what you post. Information posted in the communities and in the libraries is available for all to see and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Do remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Do protect your ACUHO-I login information and don’t share it with others.
- Do report abuse or any other concerns to the Community Manager immediately.
- Do read this site’s Terms and Conditions of Use and policies. Note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules.
Community Do Nots
- Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Do not post defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. These are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Do not post commercial messages on any discussion board, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Use discretion when contacting people directly via private message with product and service information if users believe it would help them. The ACUHO-I online community should promote interaction and engagement and not as a direct source for sales-related cold calls/outreach.
- Do not upload content you don’t own or have permission to use without providing appropriate credit. Respect the intellectual property of others.
- Do not post people’s private, personal information.
Community Discussion Etiquette
- Do include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, and organization.
- Do state concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Do include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Do only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Do not send administrative messages such as "remove me from the community" to the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing your email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Rather, simply update your profile.
Legal Terms and Conditions of Use
The ACUHO-I Online Community is made available by the Association of College & University Housing Officers- International (ACUHO-I) for its members and registered users to share information and resources related to campus housing. ACUHO-I is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others.
ACUHO-I does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not, on its own, undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of ACUHO-I, appropriate action will be taken.
ACUHO-I reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
By accessing and/or posting on this community, and in consideration of the use of the community, users agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Users may not post content that is illegal, obscene, defamatory, infringing on intellectual property rights, threatening, harassing or is otherwise objectionable. ACUHO-I disclaims responsibility for unlawful content published on this site by any users.
- Users should notify the ACUHO-I home office (email@example.com) if they believe content in the community infringes on intellectual property rights. ACUHO-I takes others' intellectual property rights seriously and will promptly investigate any reported infringement and remove infringing content immediately.
- Repeat copyright infringement by users will result in user's community privileges being revoked. However, ACUHO-I reserves the right to delete content or a user's community account for any reason.
- Content in this community may be changed without notice.
- Users agree to indemnify and hold harmless ACUHO-I against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material users post.
- ACUHO-I does not expressly or implicitly endorse, approve, or certify the accuracy, currency, or reliability of any content presented in this community.
- Any opinions expressed in this community should not be construed as reflecting the opinions of ACUHO-I.
- Reference to any product, process or service does not constitute or imply endorsement or recommendation by ACUHO-I. Likewise, users may not use the community name to promote any product, opinion, cause or political candidate. This community may not be used to solicit political contributions.
- ACUHO-I assumes no responsibility for consequences resulting from use of information contained in this community, and expressly disclaims all liability for damages arising out of use, reference to, reliance on, or performance of such information.
- ACUHO-I hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose. Users agree to use this community at their own and sole risk.
- The user agrees to abide by the ACUHO-I Online Privacy policies, which are incorporated herein by reference.
Fair Trade Policy
In accordance with association fair trade policy, messages should not be posted within the community if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
ACUHO-I respects your privacy. Any personal information you provide to the association including and similar to your name, address, telephone number, and email address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site
Our Service Providers: ACUHO-I may share users personal information with companies (including ACUHO-I affiliates) that perform services on its behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. ACUHO-I service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information the association shares with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures: ACUHO-I may disclose the personal information it collects through its online sites, when the association, in good faith, believes disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce the ACUHO-I Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of ACUHO-I, its users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While ACUHO-I does its best to protect your personal information, it cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to the association and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through ACUHO-I sites have separate data and privacy practices independent of the association, and therefore ACUHO-I disclaims any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact ACUHO-I using the Contact Us page.